Sunday, January 9, 2011

My Miss America Journey - Day 3

I can’t believe it was only three days ago I checked in! With long days and great interactions with the other contestants, it feels like I have been here so much longer!

Yesterday, I mentioned that the opening number is hard. So today, after another full day of rehearsals, I ask the question (again) to my mother, “Why didn’t you put me in dance lessons!?” Ha ha…I am having such a hard time with the opening number, but I know I will get it and honestly it is going to be so cool! Our entire day was spent rehearsing, with breaks only to eat or do personal video interviews, but that also meant I could have a 5 minute practice on the piano! It felt so wonderful to be in the zone with my fingers after trying to get my feet to enter a zone they are not quite accustomed to during production number rehearsals! :)



This evening we were in a fashion show featuring an outfit from Joseph Ribkoff for us to wear in our own style. I have never been in a fashion show where the stage comes up from under the ground and has a really long runway; it was so cool! Afterwards, we signed so many autographs and met a lot of people who were visiting from all over the country. Then, we were off to one of my favorite restaurants, Bucca di Beppo (I love pasta!)! We eat at Bucca every year during Miss Minnesota week so it brought back those fond memories…especially when they brought out the huge brownie/ice cream dessert!



Tomorrow marks the beginning of competition for some contestants. The judges arrive and some of the contestants will have their interviews tomorrow night. It really is starting to sink in! My interview will take place on Monday morning at 10:50 so please say a lot of prayers around that time! I can’t thank you all enough for your encouraging messages! It truly is an honor to be a part of this experience and to know I have so many people rooting for me means so much!

One final note to bring recognition to a special young woman back in Minnesota…congratulations to the newly crowned Miss North Shore 2011, Caitlyn Thompson!

God Bless,
Kathryn

1 comment:

  1. I will be thinking about you and praying for you Monday morning!! Can't wait to see you on stage on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete