Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"I'm Leavin' On A Jet Plane..."





Hello everyone!

I cannot believe this moment is finally here! I am leaving for Las Vegas today for the Miss America Pageant! These past few weeks have been so busy with more appearances, two sendoffs (gown showings), and a lot of last minute shopping to make everything ready to pack! I am quite proud of myself as I was able to condense about 9 suitcases down to 5 and a carryon--you wouldn't believe all the clothes, shoes, jewelry, gowns, blister Band-Aids, makeup, and so much more that I had to pack!!

I am so unbelievably excited to leave today! I am going into this competition with such peace and an open heart and mind to be God's servant. I pray that my heart is constantly evident to the other contestants and the judges so they can see the real Kathryn…someone who, of course, wants to be Miss America (very badly!) but who also ultimately knows that God already knows who Miss America will be. He already knows what questions the judges are going to ask me and the friends I will make there, and that is what brings me great peace. I don't need to worry, but only savor in this dream of mine for the next 10 days!

I want to thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart. I am so overwhelmed with your encouraging messages, thoughts, and prayers for me in this journey. If anything, I think I will be the most prayed for contestant and that should be worth something! :) I hope you all know how much you mean to me. Being Miss Minnesota thus far has been a dream come true filled with so many beautiful moments that I will never forget. I would be honored to come back and continue working hard to represent you; however…if my other dream of becoming Miss America comes true, well, let's celebrate!

Please continue to keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I am hoping that exhaustion won’t keep me from writing blogs each day to provide updates on what’s happening so you have an insider’s view of Miss America.

Before I head off though, I have two last things:
1) Have you voted for me to be the next Miss America yet? Please vote and pass it on to everyone you know! That would be so cool to be "America's Choice" voted in to the top 15!
There are four ways to vote for your favorite 2011 Miss America Contestant! It’s as easy as pushing a button to vote:
Using your mobile phone, text MAMN to 24470
Vote next to your favorite contestant's video on MissAmerica.org/VideoContest
"Like" your favorite contestant's video at Facebook.com/MissAmericaOrganization . (Under the VIDEO CONTEST tab)
"Like" your favorite contestant's video at YouTube.com/MissAmericaOrg
2) Also, thank you for helping me reach my goal of $15,000 for the Children's Miracle Network! Dec. 30th was the deadline to turn in the last of the money we raised. My total ended up being $15,655 and since then I have raised $200 more! (It's just not counted on my final total for the Miss America awards, but I will continue to raise money for CMN through CD sales, concerts, etc.)

Well this is it…I’m off!! I hope everyone had a very blessed Christmas and New Year. 2011 is going to be great; I just know it!

Love Always,
Kathryn Knuttila

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck flying today, you'll be great! It's so awesome to see your genuine heart shine through! I can't wait to watch you at Miss America!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn I am crying tears of joy for you as you embark on this incredible journey God has taken you on.

    Have a blast - let your light shine and "let go and let God!" Hugs and much LOVE! Kathy (your very proud Miss TC director) XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an impressive woman you are. I am proud to have been with on part of this journey.

    God knows the answers, He is in you, I bright shining light for all to see.

    ReplyDelete