Thursday, July 1, 2010

Celebrating the Spirit of America every day—my amazing job as Miss Minnesota 2010

I can't believe how fast the days are flying by and how much I’m able to fit into each day!


Thursday, June 24, I was invited to be a host for the Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare fundraiser at the Marriot in Roseville. I met so many fun people that night and was even able to sample some of the amazing desserts they provided. It was a very big event with free food and wine/martini samples for the guests, and there were too many silent auctions items to count! It was jam packed all night, so I hope they were able to raise a lot of funds for Gillette.


Before I headed out for the weekend, I was in the studio recording a CD of 12 of my original piano compositions. I will be selling them at all the events I can. All proceeds will go directly to the Children’s Miracle Network. I’ll keep you all posted as to when the CDs will be available.


Over the weekend, I went from one end of the state to the other to participate in local pageants that have already begun for the Miss Minnesota Class of 2011. I was in Winona Friday night, Brainerd Lakes Saturday night, and Marshall County Sunday afternoon. Congratulations to the past titleholders for your years of service and to the new titleholders for winning your titles. Minnesota has some very intelligent and talented young women being represented in our local pageant organization!


That whirlwind weekend was topped off Monday night when I met Miss America, Caressa Cameron, at the DSW store in the Mall of America. She was very sweet and personable! (DSW is Miss America’s official shoe sponsor.) It's so exciting to think I will be competing for Miss America’s incredible job in just a few short months!


I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable 4th of July weekend. Let's celebrate the Spirit of America on this anniversary of our Independence.


Blessings,

Kathryn Knuttila

Miss Minnesota 2010










No comments:

Post a Comment