Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"Blessed Beyond Measure"


Why is it that summer always flies by? I cannot believe it is already almost August! I hope all of you are having an enjoyable summer and are getting a chance to appreciate some of the incredibly beautiful days we have been blessed with! I feel so fortunate that the recent local pageants have been around my hometown so not only can I perform my duties as Miss Minnesota, but I also get to enjoy some time at the lake (by the way, that also means any other titleholders attending local pageants in the Detroit Lakes/Perham area have an open invitation to spend time at my cabin as well). The Miss Frazee Pageant and Parade took place this past weekend where Emily Paige Kallis took the title of Miss Frazee 2010! I know she will continue the Frazee legacy of hard working and caring titleholders. I am so amazed at how much scholarship money the Miss Frazee Pageant awards to their contestants; they deserve recognition for that accomplishment! Thank you to the Frazee committee and community for making your pageant such a wonderful opportunity for young ladies to receive scholarships (while also gaining so much more along the way)!


This past weekend also marked a big moment for me as Miss Minnesota…my CD was released! "Blessed Beyond Measure" features a compilation of 12 pieces I composed during the most inspirational moments of my life. Throughout my journey with Inspiring America, I have met countless individuals who have inspired me with abundant strength and determination, some of the most notable being the inspiring children at Gillette Children's Hospital. The instrumental pieces on this CD reflect feelings of hope, strength, courage and peace that all of these children and many others, like myself, have experienced during life's greatest joys and adversities. With the incredible God-given gift of writing music, it is my goal to give this gift back to God by Inspiring America through music that captures the essence of the inspiration that surrounds us every day. "Blessed Beyond Measure" will be used to raise money for the Children's Miracle Network with a personal goal to raise over $10,000. The CD will be sold at every event I participate in and will also be available at www.whohasinspiredyou.com. Check it out and join me in supporting a remarkable organization that does so much for our precious young people.


Blessings,
Kathryn Knuttila
Miss Minnesota 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment