Sunday, February 27, 2011

Miss Minnesota: The Picture Perfect Job!

Hello Everyone! I decided to do a picture blog because I have had a busy two weeks and wanted to show you what I was up to!
Last weekend I went to Two Harbors (near Duluth) to crown Kimberly Jacobson the new Miss North Shore. I was able to spend the weekend with Kimberly and her family and Vicki, the new director of the pageant. I was given the royal treatment and had a blast at their festival, "Winter Frolic."
Look how cute the truck was that I rode in for their parade!
The people that live in Two Harbors are extremely tough. The bitter cold weather didn't bother them or keep them from watching the parade and partaking in the weekend's events!

Kimberly and I did a lot of events during the weekend to kick off her new title and to have the community get to know her and myself and what the Miss America Organization is all about! Did I mention it was really cold out!?

The cold didn't keep me from having fun either, and we did get to warm up indoors with hot cocoa and face painting.

I believe this was called "Swooshing." If you haven't "swooshed" before, then you are missing out! They had "Swooshing" races to raise money for charity, so I decided I needed to try it and it is was so much fun!

To continue with "I love to Read Month" in February, I visited three other schools either reading to classrooms or speaking to the schools on ways they can be an inspiration to others by using their gifts and talents!
I am really loving these types of appearances. Witnessing the enthusiasm from these young students makes me excited for their future and what it holds.



Congratulations to the new Miss West Metro and Miss City of Lakes, Allison Lordboch and Samantha Phillipi! All of the Miss Minnesota locals have been crowned so congratulations to you all! What an exciting journey you have ahead of you as you prepare for the job of Miss Minnesota 2011 along with Miss Minnesota week in June!

Tuesday, March 1st is National Pancake Day. Please make sure to visit your local IHOP and get yourself some pancakes for the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. I always say that calories don't count when they are for charity! Check out IHOP if you want more information!

Until next time,
Kathryn Knuttila

1 comment:

  1. Kathryn, it appears that you are doing a great job of having fun, looking gorgeous, and doing all of the things that Miss Minnesota is famous and recognized for. I'm very happy for you.

    Brendan Ryan

    The Brendan Ryan Company
    Houston, Texas

    ReplyDelete