Monday, September 27, 2010

"A Fall of Inspiration"


This past weekend was a perfect representation of the versatility of my platform with it naturally fitting any event or appearance on my schedule. I have received many nominations lately on
whohasinspiredyou.com of inspiring people, which makes me thrilled! Some were from the 7th graders I recently visited at Detroit Lakes Middle School, and others were from individuals who are eager to have their inspiring American recognized at an upcoming
“Night of Inspiration Concert.” Among the most interesting nominations was for a woman to be recognized at a family birthday party. So, on Saturday, I drove 3 ½ hours into Wisconsin to highlight an Inspiring American named Gloria. It was her uncle’s birthday party, but Gloria’s niece, Jacquie, nominated her and wanted to surprise her while the whole family was there. I think she found it a bit odd when Miss Minnesota showed up in WI to celebrate a birthday, but she was so welcoming anyway! It was great to share my platform while also talking about what being Miss Minnesota entails. As I spoke about the vision of Inspiring America, it was such an honor to share Gloria’s story with the family. By the end we were all in tears because of the incredibly touching moment, so it was time to bring on the entertainment. I brought my keyboard along so I could inspire with some original music; they were a great audience! After leaving, it really sunk in how it doesn’t matter whether I am speaking to hundreds of students, or to a group of Rotary members, or even a family celebrating; my platform can touch the lives of so many and as a result, my own life is touched! This job continually produces abundant blessing in my life! You can find Gloria’s inspiring story on the
Inspiring Stories link on the website.

I want to also recognize a wonderful young lady, and a great friend of mine, Bethany Beniek! She put on a fantastic CMN fundraising concert in St. Josephs with Tonic Sol Fa and another a capela group called Johnnie Blend. Both groups were awesome! I also had the honor of kicking off the concert with my piano music. Bethany put in months preparing for this concert and found great sponsors to donate wonderful prizes including a complimentary manicure, pedicure and up-do for me before the concert! The concert drew in a great crowd so I know the event was a great success!

Speaking of concerts, I will be hosting another “Night of Inspiration” this coming Saturday, October 2nd, in the Twin Cities suburb of Maplewood at Redeeming Love Church. If you haven’t made one of these concerts, please come to this one! We have some great talent of titleholders in the area as well as dancers and musicians from the community. If you have heard “Quintessence” on the
Beyond Measure CD , you have to come to this event and hear me perform it with two violins! The stories we will be sharing will truly touch your heart, so be sure to invite your friends and family out to Redeeming Love Church this Saturday at 7PM. For more information, check out
'Calendar Events' on the Inspiring America website.
As always, thank you for taking the time to read my blog! Also, many thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes! I had a wonderful birthday on Wednesday that included horseback riding, dinner with friends and some karaoke! I sang, “It’s Raining Men,” one of my favorite classics! I’m certain that anyone who heard me sing is thanking God that my talent for Miss America is not singing…but it was a blast to use my pipes nonetheless!


Until next time,
Kathryn Knuttila
Miss Minnesota 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment