Monday, August 9, 2010

Pageants, Blizzards and Festivals, Oh my!


Congratulations to the newly crowned Miss Heart of the Lakes, Miss Perham, Miss Midwest, Miss Morris and Miss Thief River Falls! You all have a very exciting year ahead of you and I look forward to what God has in store for all of the Miss MN class of 2011!


I am most excited to share with you about my Night of Inspiration Concert in Thief River Falls on Monday night August 2nd. It was such a great success on so many levels. There was a great showing of people that came to watch and support their community members. We recognized 9 Inspiring Americans during the concert and had such unique talent that was shared with everyone! We even had Chantall Wilson who was in London nominate someone over Skype since she couldn't be there for the concert. You can read these inspiring stories at whohasinspiredyou.com. I was moved to tears by the end of the concert and honestly didn’t want it to end! People were moved as well and truly gave generously to the Children’s Miracle Network. With the total sales from my CD’s, T-shirts, cookies and donations, it came out to be almost $2,000 raised for the Children’s Miracle Network! Thank you to everyone that helped made this night possible. I am so excited for the upcoming concerts. Check out whohasinspiredyou.com to view the dates for these! Hopefully you can make one of them and become a part of the network of inspiration.








Tuesday was the Night to Unite – National Night Out! I didn’t realize how big of an event this is nation wide! I was in Richfield meeting and greeting people, signing autographs and taking a ton of pictures! (222 to be exact!) It was a really fun night because I love to meet new people and they were so appreciative of having Miss Minnesota there!




Wednesday night I was part of the kickoff telethon for Miracle Treat day. I hope you made it out to your local Dairy Queen for blizzard because almost all Dairy Queens donated some if not all of the proceeds from sales of Blizzards that day to CMN. I had more than my fair share of blizzards! I even had a man ask me to try his first before he did to make sure it was okay! (I assured him it was!) I was also excited on Thursday for Miracle Treat Day because I started the day out at Gillette with Miss America and Miss Minnesota’s Outstanding Teen handing out blizzards to the patients. After a few hours there, I went to the Dairy Queen in Eagan and later on the Dairy Queen in Woodbury! It was a long day, but very rewarding to speak with families from Gillette and to see how excited people were!

On Saturday I was ‘on the road again…going places that I’ve never been,’ all the way towards Duluth to Tamarack for their annual Hey Days Festival. This year was their 50th anniversary so they invited Miss Minnesota there to be a part of their event! They had a parade and I crowned the King and Queen who sold the most buttons for their festival. The winner sold over 600 buttons! They had lots of food vendors and games/activities, including a dunk tank that apparently everyone thought I needed to do! I decided I would prefer to be the dunker and not the dunkee! It was a very hot day but so much fun to meet so many new people and to be in a place that I’ve never been to before.

It is truly an honor and privilege to represent this fine state and its people!

Until next time,
Kathryn Knuttila
Miss Minnesota 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment